Saturday, July 17, 2010

My Name is on a book!...in the copyediting credits

A few months ago I agreed to help copy edit a book 826michigan was going to publish of short stories children wrote called "Don't Stay Up so Late: A Treasury of Bedtime Stories written for Children by Children." It was not a hard job to get. I just responded to an e-mail that asked volunteers if they wanted to look over a few pages, but months later after publication I was flipping through the book and I realized I am listed under the list of copy editors and that does fill me up a little with pride and happiness! There is something so permanent about seeing your name printed within a book that people are going to buy and place on their shelves for years to come.

The last time my name was printed in the credits of a book was when I received an undergraduate fellowship in the art history department and was listed under the assistant curators of the Ruth Weisberg exhibit at Eastern Michigan University...I see these as baby steps, at twenty-four my name is printed in two books! It has got to be a sign that one day my name will be printed on a book as an author, right?

Thanks 826michigan for giving me an opportunity that allows me to feel proud of myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment