Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Hello Eastern Echo...I just want to write something...

My, my, blogging quite a bit lately...but it's necessary because my writing career is growing little by little.

Today, I visited the Eastern Echo's office. As a current graduate student of public administration I realized that I could legally write for the school paper to add on to my writer's experience. They were happy to see me because apparently they need both news and life writers. I told them I was more interested in writing feature pieces on art and they accepted that.

I have to write three training pieces before I can officially be considered staff. I have my first assignment to write about the Riverside Arts Center "On the Wild Side" Exhibit and with it my first deadline, which is later than most deadlines because the exhibit isn't up yet. I must e-mail he life editor my piece by October 4th and then she will edit it and I have to make my revisions within the next twenty-four hours...wowzah!

It's actually very exciting stuff and I am completely thrilled to be doing some kind of professional writing. It's just in my blood something I have to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment