Monday, January 7, 2013

We Danced

This piece of writing was inspired by a journal prompt, once again from Patricia Ann McNair's blog. Sorry, no journal sketching this time as I seem to have left my sketchpad and crayons at home.

We danced. There was rarely ever music, but we waltzed; one waltzed step after another. Then my favorite part he'd spin me. I would swirl under his arm, usually landing with a stumble facing him with a laugh and smile. We were this way whether people were around or not. We never really needed the music. The melody of our heart strings was always perfectly in-sync.


This prompt hasn't really turned into a story or anything, but I'm all day dreamy thinking about it just the same. I wonder if one of the baristas are ever going to feel this way....

1 comment:

  1. Write on, Angela! And when you can, draw on, too! -Patty

    ReplyDelete