Sunday, October 18, 2015

Conclusion and Change


This blog started because I had an ambition to be a writer and I thought I would obtain that goal easier if I could only find the perfect place to write. While I still love the idea of taking my laptop to a coffee shop and being able to park and write all day, I have actually found this to be rather unrealistic.

I will still write about coffee shops on this blog on occasion, but the truth is the idea that an unpublished writer will be able to spend their days writing in coffee shops and still make a living is more of a romantic idea than a reality.

Another truth is that for a while I have not been regularly writing. It's always been on my to-do list after a multitude of other things...so here I am picking up the pieces of not writing for a while and starting again with a new idea and conclusion in mind.

It is not the lack of a place to write that has been stopping me from writing, but it is the lack of making time. Instead of looking for a place to write I will now make the time.

I have slotted out times on my Google calendar that say WRITE. My goal as someone with another full-time job is to make time to write 10 hours a week. Most days I've scheduled 2 hour time slots, but there are a few days where I schedule more to make up for days I might miss.

Since the original focus of this blog was to find a place to write and now I'm focusing more on time to write I have a new blog titled: "The Unpublished Writer."

The new blog focuses on the fact that a writer writes regardless of whether they are published. I write because it's as natural as breathing to me. It assists me in sorting out my life as well as escaping from it. This new blog will allow me become completely immersed in my own writer's world and will be a place where I scribble down warm-ups, prompts, thoughts on writing and a writer's log.

The domain is: www.breathewhatyouwrite.blogspot.com

So wish me luck as I begin this journey once again! I welcome you into my writing world. Perhaps, if I do become published one day this new blog will become a record of how it all happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment