Tuesday, December 27, 2011

DETOUR: To Sweetwaters Cafe

It looks like plot #2 from the last blog entry has won the vote! This elevates the idea of writing in a coffee shop as the appropriate atmosphere.

Today I am visiting a friend on the north side of Ann Arbor and so I have taken a detour away from the Ypsilanti coffee shop list to explore Sweetwaters. This means that this coffee shop will probably never be the one I choose to write at regularly, but I do work down the street from it and have thought about moving to this side of town, so you never know in the future it might be.

The walls separating the shop from the outside are all glass windows, which made taking pictures a challenge, but it does add a bit of romanticism to the place when you look outside and see a snowy scene like today. In fact, I'm kinda loving it here right now watching the snow fall on the tree branches as the street light blinks on the corner of Plymouth and Green road.

Also, there is a patio at the back corner of the Sweetwaters that allows customers to sit outside when the weather is nice. I always like to have the option of being outside, this probably comes from all the days I am stuck at work or was stuck in school and am unable to go outside.

I am sitting at a high top table near an outlet today, but there is four arm chairs in front of the fireplace that also look like they would've been a cozy place to become lost in thought.

The drinks taste good and are moderately priced. I ordered a small soy Chai latte for about $3.65, which seems about average for coffee shop drinks. Oh! But did I mention the sweets?! I wish it wasn't right after Christmas and I wasn't trying to be good or I would order what looks like one of the most delectable frosted cupcakes or cheesecake I have ever seen! They also have chocolate cake called "OMG! Chocolate cake," which can be ordered al a mode and looks so delicious it would probably take an entire year to burn off the calories.

As far as the corporate factor Sweetwaters is a corporation, but its a corporation that started out and is only located in Ann Arbor...so it doesn't seem as evil as some corporations which put the little guys out of business.

I also love these cute little tea pots that they have on display. My friend told me she bought one for her sister for Christmas and they pop just enough color in the room, where I can see why they would make a great happy little gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment