Saturday, December 3, 2011

Perk and Brew: Where are you?


I ventured out to the next shop on my list tonight only to discover I might as well have been looking for the great pumpkin. The Perk and Brew does not exist...at least not that I could find.

The website I originally searched for coffee shops was a city search URL and the reason I was afraid that Perk and Brew did not exist was because there was no attached website. It turns out my suspicions were true.

I followed their directions to the tee...turn down Pine View Dr. off of Textile, then Madrona, then Eagle Crest Ct. Nothing was there. In fact, if to you these street names sound like neighborhood streets...it's because they are.

It was actually a very nice neighborhood though with big colonial style houses that I would not imagine existed in Ypsi, but I guess that is what you get when you go on adventures. You find out there is different sides to the places you are exploring.

The neighborhood was called Pine View Estates and a golf course intertwined between the houses...why is it neighborhoods that surround golf courses always seem to be the biggest in the city?

Anyway, there must have been a Perk and Brew coffee shop at some point for the city search to list it. Did the map and directions just lead me astray? Does anyone have any information on this? Does anyone know where it could be? If so please pass your knowledge along to me.

After looking up the hours to The Common Cup which closes at 5pm on Saturdays, I have found myself at the Starbucks on Washtenaw. I am going to wait and let you know about all the Starbucks in one blog, because after all a Starbucks is a Starbucks....or is it?

No comments:

Post a Comment