Wednesday, November 3, 2010

NaNoWriMo Day Three

Word Count: 5256

For the first time I did not go over 1,666 words, instead I am slightly under that goal, but it is still extremely early in the day and I may feel the motivation to write a hundred more words or even more later.

Challenges I have faced so far: this novel is a 0 draft and therefore pretty bad. I have to keep going and I have to keep pushing myself to write without going back or else I would start obsessing over the details and never meet my goal each day.

However, sacrifices I have made in order to meet my goal each day, include not being able to decide on a setting for my story. A part of me pictures it in the big apple whereas another part of me pictures it in a small town, these two settings would give the book a completely different tone. All I know is my main character walks everywhere, so maybe somehow it could be half and half? But am I really knowledgeable enough about any place that aren't the suburbs I grew up in to write about it.

A second challenge I am hoping I face only because it is only day three and we are so early on in the game is the fact that I do not really have an excerpt I am proud to post yet. Perhaps, if I went back and read my story I might find something, but the fact that I will not allow myself to go back and fix anything is stopping me from looking.

I hope that something I write in the next twenty-seven days will just seem so fun to me I will not feel ashamed to post it as an excerpt.

No comments:

Post a Comment