Saturday, November 6, 2010

NaNoWriMo: Getting Harder

Word Count:10,334
Status: Still don't have a passage I'm proud of, but story is still developing smoothly with no writer's block yet.

While so far I feel I have been pretty good at setting up my story in a way where I am never stuck as to what is going to happen the next time I go to write it, it is getting harder and harder to find the time and the motivation to keep writing.

As stated before, the goal is to write 1667 words a day, at first this seemed very easy, a minuscule amount. It was only about a chapter, only about six pages. Well, at first it is easy, but try writing six pages everyday! Not so easy after all.

For the first time yesterday I fell short of my daily word count by about 300 words, I tried very hard to catch up and get those last words in by midnight and I just didn't make it.

Today, I was trying to work ahead because I have a massive research paper to work on as of Wednesday of next week. I thought I was doing good, but between falling 300 words short yesterday and doing my words for today...I only got about 300 words past my daily goal today.

For the next few days I am going to continue to try to work ahead of schedule and get as much possible, so that I do actually complete my research paper, but as for tonight after playing catch up, I just don't have anymore in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment