Saturday, November 19, 2011

The Hunt Begins

That's right it's a hunt for my perfect place...and we're off! I accumulated a list of coffee houses that I plan to test as a writing spot. In making this list I made a few rules, which are listed at the bottom if you are interested, but for now I plan to visit each of these shops to see if any will help me become the writer I dream of becoming:
  1. Primo Coffee House Does this place still exist?
  2. The Ugly Mug
  3. Perk and Brew I don't know if this place is still there either?
  4. The Common Cup
  5. Starbucks on Washtenaw Ypsilanti
  6. Starbucks on Washtenaw Arborland
  7. Starbucks on Carpenter
  8. Espresso Royale
  9. Biggby Coffee
  10. The Coffee Lounge in Canton but I'm willing to give Cherry Hill a Chance
  11. Beezy's
  12. Harvest Moon Cafe
  13. B-24's
  14. Cafe Ollie
* Many of the places I found on the internet I know have gone out of business and so anything I found that I knew was out of business did not go on the list...duh, but some shops I think may be out of business, but I'm unsure did so we can see about them. I consider myself coffee house keen, since its more my scene than a bar is and some I have not heard of so I wonder if they are out of business or simply the best kept secret ever!
**There is no Bearclaw Coffee on my list because they are just stands.
***Most shops that were listed too far in Ann Arbor have been excluded because of the travel and parking effort.
****No Tim Hortons or Dunkin' Dounts because I have more class than that
*****Not in Canton or Plymouth since that is my hometown and I already know the perfect spot would be the Plymouth Coffee Bean which again has been excluded due to travel time
******Nothing on Eastern's Campus unless I am feeling nostalgic and writing/ re-living my college experience that day
*******Why not a library? Mostly because of hours and that would make writing seem more like work and like I said before, the purpose of this exercise is to make my writing an escape from my work...

Ideally, I would like to find a place that isn't corporate. I'd like to find a nice hipster privately owned by bohemians spot, but I am unsure this will happen given the hours I need the writing spot to be available to me and therefore places like Starbucks and Biggby still remain on the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment