Friday, November 18, 2011

Words of an Identity Crises

I haven't been writing and this is strange for me. Lately, it has crossed my mind that maybe I'm not a writer after all...and this is strange for me. There have been no journal entries, no short stories, no poetry, no novel and as you can see there is a major lack of blog entries.

Writing was something I did automatically as a child, something that came natural, something I needed to do to breathe, but lately...nothing.

Have I given up on this dream so easily? Is this part of my identity gone? Just two years ago, I was so set, so determined to become a writer. Why did I stop?

Was it just too difficult? Others were better than me and I couldn't stand the jealousy I felt? I wondered what the point was with so many other writers out there? Was there too much negative feedback? I find it hard to believe that would stop me...but did it? *shivers*

I am going to library school. I want to be a youth librarian, but did graduate school really cancel out ALL writing time? Will this soon turn into another librarian's blog? Bleh.

Why can't I do both? Today, someone must pick one career and spend all their time working toward it in order to succeed. God forbid, someone does decide to split their time between different interests, because then they are not considered dedicated enough to one...they will not become as much of an expert on one thing and for this they will not be respected enough to accomplish their goal.

My name is Angela Michelle Scott...and I am a writer...right?

No comments:

Post a Comment