Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Halloween Costumes

Halloween has always been one of my favorite holidays, probably because dressing up has always been one of my favorite things! (It's the theater kid within me).

Costumzee claims these costumes to be the top 100 most popular of 2010.

I know it might mean I live in a cave somewhere...but I'm not quite sure how the seven deadly sins made it to number one. Though I must admit I do like most of these ideas such as the peacock, Alice in wonderland, Medusa, of course the mermaid and Marie Antoinette.

I am surprised at Moulin Rouge...when did that movie come out 2002? 2003? I love it, but I wouldn't think those characters has that kind of lasting impression, though as a woman saying you are Satine is a way of saying you're a prostitute without actually saying it. ;)

Store bought costumes never tend to fit me right.I know I am not the only one with this problem. most adult women costumes are most suited for the bedroom. I don't say this to be a square, I say this because it's true, if you want to be something regular for Halloween and not something dressed up as sexy, good luck to ya!

Plus when you buy a Halloween costume from the store, chances are if you are going to a big party, someone else will have it, and even worse...they might look better than you in it! So I usually start trying to get ideas with what I have at home. I also like to try and invent the costume, meaning instead of being a character from a TV show, I would rather be something nameless, a role anyone can play.

This year the inspiring pieces I found were the black tutu, black-feather-Vail hair piece, Old blue dance dress and bright red gloves.

This narrowed it down to three options.
1. The Bumble Bee- Black tutu, wings, yellow striped t-shirt, striped tights and antennae- all obtainable

2. Miss America- blue dance dress, bright elbow length gloves, tiara, tights red shoes

3....or for once instead of pretty and cute I thought I would be femme fatale creepy as a black widow...not the spider, but the actual woman that killed her husband. Black Vail hair piece, black dress, black knee high boots, wrist length lace gloves, tiny spiders and a weapon of sorts, complete with fish net webby black tights

The third option has won out and will be my first Halloween debut! However, Miss America is a close second and for that may be costume number two, if I dress up twice this year. Miss America is more drafty though and is more of an indoor costume, so it may all depend upon setting. Hopefully, there will be pictures to come.

WAITED UNTIL THE LAST MINUTE AND DON'T HAVE A COSTUME, COSTUME IDEAS...I found this website amusing as well.

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see this! You've inspired me to get started on my own ideas...and you're totally right about store bought costumes--I mean, what in the hell is a "sexy ladybug"?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did find a costume that they never make sexy...there is no such thing as a sexy clown LOL

    ReplyDelete