Sunday, October 17, 2010

Tonight's Work Daydream

I've been promoted. I am no longer chained to the circulation desk and I no longer need to work circulation. The ora of well I do my job and what a great person has spread so much, that forget the library director it reached and inspired Dr. Duderstadt.

Dr. Duderstadt was so impressed with my awesome organizational skills and beautifully written poetic memos (I've never written any memos, but I could write beautiful ones) and e-mails that he has hunted me down to become his personal assistant.

That way when people ask me where I work at U of M I can say..."The Duderstadt center." and when they ask me what I do, I can reply "I'm Dr. Duderstadt's personal assistant." Everyone campus community or not would be so impressed by that response, I would never have to feel ashamed of what my life has become again...

I wish I could tell you that my daydreams of living an impressive life to make a difference in society haven't subsided, but my dreams have become what they have become I guess.

1 comment:

  1. So, now you dream of being an assistant to greatness?! hehehe...I'm so bad...

    ReplyDelete